skip to Main Content

The Department of Defense has announced the Homeowners Assistance Program (“HAP”) for eligible military personnel. The central coast is home to Vandenberg Air Force Base and HAP may assist those who are PCS’ed and have suffered due to the severe local housing bust. Several types of assistance are offered:

1) The government may purchase your home;
2) Assist you if you are already in foreclosure;
3) Make up the difference between your loan balance
and the home’s current value upon sale;
4) Reimburse you for the loss which resulted from
the sale of your home.

The home must be your primary residence, and purchased prior to a certain date, and of course, there are many other requirements. However, personnel transferred from Vandenberg AFB are already applying for the benefit. Those interested should apply well ahead of time. Check the website at: for details. If you are interested in selling your home due to a PCS, and would like to use the HAP program, or attempt a short sale, I can be reached at (805) 878-9879 or by email at

tniright_logo1Tni LeBlanc, JD, M.A., e-PRO
Broker/Owner, Mint Properties
(805) 878-9879,

*Based on the information from the Central Coast Regional MLS & Lompoc Valley MLS. Neither the Association, the Multiple Listing Service, or Mint Properties guarantees or is in any way responsible for its accuracy. Data maintained by the Association or its MLS may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.

Touch to Call Back To Top