I know the media is saying that the real estate market is in the dumps. And I guess if you were hoping to get housing boom level prices for your home, it is. But if you are a Santa Maria or Ocutt home owner who needs to sell your home, you should know that the Santa Maria real estate market is hot! Why do I say that? Because homes that are priced in line with today's market that are not short sales, sell in less than a week. I feel as if this is a hidden secret of today's market place. Everyone believes that it is hard to sell your home right now, but even short sales that are well priced are receiving multile offers right now.
What information does a bank typically require for a short sale package?
- Last two years tax returns
- Last two paycheck stubs for each borrower
- Last two months checking statements
- Last two months savings statements
- Profit and loss statement year to date (if self employed)
- Last two months business account statements (if self-employed)
- Hardship letter (explaining the reason for the short sale request)
- Financial statement (lists income and expenses for your household)
- Signed form 4506 –T (allows short sale lender to pull tax return copies directly from the IRS)
I am a local real estate broker, attorney, Certified Distress Property Expert (CDPE) and Certified HAFA Specialist (CHS) and I specialize in short sales. Contact me today at (805) 878-9879 for a free short sale consultation, or visit my website www.SantaMariaShortSales.com for short sale basics.
Tni LeBlanc, Mint Properties
* Those considering a short sale are advised to consult with their own attorney for legal advice, and their tax professional for tax advice prior to entering into a short sale listing agreement – this article does not offer legal and tax advice.
Copyright © Tni LeBlanc 2010 *What information does a bank typically require for a short sale package*